Buyer (Accessories) – Johannesburg
Location: johannesburg Level: Senior Salary: Posted: December 19, 2017 Ref: #4251
A Great opportunity for an Accessories Brands Buyer who also enjoys developing product and has 3 years + experience in Retail Buying accessories – Johannesburg
- Buyer and Planner for an International brand
- Product Portfolio – Handbags, Belts, Cosmetics Bags, Wallets
- Travel to the East to develop product ranges, maintain good relationships with suppliers, source new suppliers and attend trade fairs.
- Develop new seasonal product to create a balanced assortment to ensure financial ratios achieved (sales, gross profit, input margins, stock holding, OTB control and resultant GMROI)
- Fitting and QA of samples.
- Compile catalogues and present ranges to existing customers, oversee sales representatives and grow the customer base.
- Negotiate product prices with customers and suppliers.
- Manage all marketing, store advertising and editorials.
- Ensure continuous and efficient monitoring of plans and processes.
- Liaise with distribution and warehousing.
- Range presentations to management
- Post seasonal analysis, and appropriate interpretation of such, in conjunction with forward trend.
- Conduct sales analysis, identify good and poor selling items, and compile monthly reporting figures, yearly budgets and forecasts.
- Analyse and evaluate key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- React to changes in demand and adjust stock flows accordingly
- Superior product knowledge, trend analysis and competitor analysis
Qualifications: Post Matric qualification required (related)
Experience: Minimum 3 – 5 years related work experience
Additional: Essential Skills:
Relevant tertiary qualification
Professional interpersonal skills
3-5 years’ experience in sales/retail buying
Above average skills in Microsoft Excel and Great Plains (an advantage)
Good communication skills both written and verbal.