Footwear Buyer – Port Elizabeth
Location: capetown Level: Middle to Senior Salary: Posted: December 20, 2017 Ref: #4288
An exciting opportunity has become available at a Port Elizabeth retailer.
My client is looking for an energetic, confident, passionate, think out the box footwear buyer with extensive experience in both Children’s and Ladies Footwear. Consideration will be made should the candidate be experienced in Children’s, but must show an interest as well as knowledge in the Ladies Footwear area.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our business based on sales history, target market etc.
- Take the company’s strategy into account as well as trends in the marketplace and develop a purchasing plan to meet the require expectations and budgets.
- As part of the plan negotiate the best pricing from the suppliers which will achieve the targeted margins but also ensuring that we come in at competitive price points.
- Present the purchasing plan to Management and Key Staff
- On approval implement the purchasing plan based on the open to buy practice, ensuring all delivery deadlines are met.
- In conjunction with the planner measure the success of the purchases so that the open to buy is adjusted accordingly.
- Ensure that the product maintains the high standard of quality synonymous with the business.
- Develop and build ranges as the business evolves.
- Might be asked to implement certain buying/planning processes in order to streamline department
Qualifications: A relevant degree or qualification in Fashion and Textiles.
Experience: Minimum 5 years footwear buying experience
Additional: Good communication skills at all levels.
Must show good judgement, have strong problem solving skills and decision-making abilities.
Must be creative and keep up with trends both nationally and internationally.
Must have in depth knowledge of the Footwear market and in particular, understand customer requirements, competitor’s product and offering.
Must be able to build relationships with suppliers, both locally and internationally.
Experience in sourcing would be an advantage.
Must be able to negotiate around product and pricing.
Must be able to work independently, influence across various levels in the business and operate as part of the retail team.
Ability to work under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines.
Must be able to develop and present a range that is a result of all the above points being applied.
Will be required to measure the performance of the product purchased right through to the point of sale to understand the success of the product.
Back ground in planning would also be advantageous
Computer literacy: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential.