Designer (Womenswear) – Cape Town New!
Location: capetown Level: Senior Salary: Negotiable Posted: January 20, 2020 Ref: #4886
A new opportunity for a talented young Womenswear Designer with great taste level and experience. This is a superb opportunity to grow, develop, design and interpret international trends. Sought after company to work for.
· Seasonal trend analyses
· Interpret the international trends into commercial fashion for the SA customer whilst keeping the essence of the brand’s customer in mind
· Weekly sales analyses / Post Seasonal sales analysis – applying knowledge and lessons to current inputs for in-season trading.
· Comp shops, store visits with feedback presentations
· Manage and work within a team of Fashion Designers and Design Assistants to constantly be feeding the business with fresh product and designs to fill the seasonal buy plans.
· Present proposed product and units to fill the buy plan on map sheets to management well within the seasonal critical path.
· CAD up detailed technical drawings of selected styles
· Source and place fabrics to styles suitable to the design and functionality of a garment.
· Source local and import trims
· CADs are put on a line sheets (as tech packs) with fabric& trim information, prices, outwork, and necessary technical specifications.
· Data capturing of styles information onto the back-end system
· Ordering the finalized sampling of fabric and trims timeously so fits aren’t late. Getting necessary trims Dyed to Match well in advance
· Brief the styles to the pattern maker to ensure design protocol is being followed. Any issues or concerns are discussed during this time so an immediate solution is found
· Issue all patterns through for sample cutting and rating
· Manage and work closely with the Patternmaker and Seamstress to ensure design protocol is being followed and quality is up to standard.
· Have daily Design Room planning meeting run throughs with the Brand Coordinator. Work closely with the Brand Coordinator to ensure there is clear communication of any changes made, ensuring we are always within price targets
· Resolving any fabric issues with priority and finalizing fabric colour match ups on styles
· Conduct daily fittings on Fit Model & fit mannequin and brief through comments to Patternmakers for alterations / QC Final
Qualifications: Diploma or Degree in Fashion Design.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years work experience in the industry.
Additional: · Competency in MS Office packages and fluent competency and experience in Photoshop and Illustrator or Coral Draw Position located in Cape Town. Send your CV to Gabi Traut at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 021 461-2613. Go to our website www.trautpersonnel.co.za