Footwear Technologist – Cape Town New!
Location: capetown Level: Middle Salary: Negotiable Posted: September 18, 2020 Ref: #5089
My client is looking for an experienced, calibre Footwear Technologist with an in-depth Retail Footwear background. Extensive Footwear technology experience essential.
· Lead fit sessions from initial sample through to final production
· Ensuring clear and concise fit comments are communicated to suppliers or factories
· Work closely with the Buying team to support the fit development process from a technical perspective
· Involvement in the onboarding and mentoring of new suppliers regarding technical standards
· Management of the supply base; developing suppliers to become strategic partners to the brand
Additional: · To have an understanding of current regulations, legislation and standards relating to all aspects of footwear · Solid footwear manufacturing knowledge · Solid footwear raw materials knowledge · Be able to manage wearer trials with the aim of improving fit and grading · Manage workload in an organized and timely manner · Involvement in the drafting and implementation of QA standards manuals · Handle quality queries with suppliers and customers · Ability to evaluate suppliers’ manufacturing facilities and report on findings · Ability to travel to overseas suppliers Position located in Cape Town. Send your CV to Gabi Traut at email@example.com or call her on 083 274 5193. Go to our website www.trautpersonnel.co.za