Garment Technologist & Junior Garment Technologist – Cape Town New!
Location: capetown Level: Middle Salary: Negotiable Posted: December 13, 2019 Ref: #4843
New vacancies available for smart, dynamic, young, experienced Garment Technologists who have had exposure in either Mens or Ladieswear. You will be responsible for managing the day to day technical requirements of styles in line with the critical path from development to sealed product working across Ladies or Menswear.
· Work with both the designers and buyers to ensure samples meet the correct design aesthetic from sketch into reality.
· Risk assess styles for fabric and construction.
· Attend fit meetings from first sample to sealer liaising with suppliers to resolve any queries.
· Ensure all technical packs are complete and sent to the suppliers in line with the critical path.
· Inspect, fit and measure garments from fit meetings and issue comments.
Qualifications: Recognised tertiary qualification (Clothing and/or Production Management Diploma)
Experience: Minimum 1 to 2 years experience up to 7 to 10 years experience as a Garment Technologist with retail experience
Additional: · Experienced in womens or menswear · Good understanding of garment construction. · Computer literate MS Word and Excel. Position located in Cape Town. Send your CV to Gabi Traut at email@example.com or call her on 021 461-2613. Go to our website www.trautpersonnel.co.za