Garment Technologist (Ladies) – Cape Town New!
Location: capetown Level: Middle Salary: Negotiable Posted: July 28, 2021 Ref: #5362
A good opportunity for a competent Ladieswear Garment Technologist, experienced in technical/ garment construction and good understanding of patternmaking Retail opportunity.
- Lead fit sessions from initial sample through to final production
- Ensuring clear and concise fit comments are communicated to suppliers or factories
- Work closely with the Buying team to support the fit development process from a technical perspective.
- Involvement in the onboarding and mentoring of new suppliers regarding technical standards
- Management of the supply base, developing suppliers to become strategic partners to the brand
- To have an understanding of current regulations, legislation and standards relating to all aspects of clothing manufacture
Experience: 3 or more years experience in a similar position
Additional: • Manufacturing/Patternmaking (Computerised) background • Exposure in Ladieswear • Solid garment manufacturing knowledge • Solid clothing raw materials knowledge • Be able to manage wearer trials with the aim of improving fit and grading • Manage workload in an organized and timely manner • Involvement in the drafting and implementation of QA standards manuals • Handle quality queries with suppliers and customers • Ability to evaluate suppliers’ manufacturing facilities and report on findings • Ability to travel to overseas suppliers Position located in Cape Town. Send your CV to Gabi Traut at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 083 274 5193. Go to our website www.trautpersonnel.co.za