Garment Technologist (Lingerie)
Location: capetown Level: Middle Salary: Negotiable Posted: October 21, 2019 Ref: #4788
A fast-growing fashion retailer is looking for a dynamic, decisive Garment Technologist who has had exposure in Lingerie. Ideally someone who has worked in a fast, Retail business with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As Garment Technologist you will be responsible for managing the day to day technical requirements of styles in line with the critical path from development to sealed product working across Women’s Lingerie.
· Work with both the designers and buyers to ensure samples meet the correct design aesthetic from sketch into reality.
· Risk assess styles for fabric and construction.
· Attend fit meetings from first sample to sealer liaising with suppliers to resolve any queries.
· Ensure all technical packs are complete and sent to the suppliers in line with the critical path.
· Inspect, fit and measure garments from fit meetings and issue comments.
· Ensure that technical packs are up to date throughout the development process. Ensure graded specs are correct and filed.
Additional: · Minimum 5 years experience as a Garment Technologist with retail experience. · Recognised tertiary qualification (Clothing and/or Production Management). · Experienced in women’s lingerie and/or foundation/shapewear. · Experience in lingerie fabrication. · Good understanding of garment construction. · Computer literate MS Word and Excel. Position located in Cape Town. Send your CV to Gabi Traut at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 021 461-2613. Go to our website www.trautpersonnel.co.za