Patternmaker (Manual) – Womenswear – Cape Town New!
Location: capetown Level: Middle Salary: Negotiable Posted: September 18, 2020 Ref: #5119
An excellent opportunity for a very skilled Manual Patternmaker with 8 – 10 years broad knowledge of Ladieswear. Definitely for a Patternmaker who has worked for a busy supplier to the chainstores – someone with good garment construction knowledge and someone who can interpret detailed brief and construct patterns from scratch.
- Knowledge of pattern making in every category is key – Ladies Dresses, Jackets, Coats, Pants, Skirts, Blouses etc.
- Knowledge of an array of fabric when it comes to the stretch and shrinkage reactions
- Knowledge of grading
- Need to give all spec measurements on pattern’s line sheet eg lengths of elastic, zips, binding, trims, belt length etc.
- Fit all styles with designer and process all pattern alterations required
- Need to sort out any problems with production with regards to the pattern, construction and measurements that may incur, but should be avoided.
Qualifications: Diploma in pattern making / design
Experience: Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ work experience as a pattern maker
Additional: • Matric Certificate • Worked with a design centre / manufacturer supplying the major retail chain stores • Strong technical knowledge required in pattern and garment construction • Work well under pressure • Team Player Position located in Cape Town. Send your CV to Gabi Traut at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 083 274 5193. Go to our website www.trautpersonnel.co.za Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to the employment equity.