Senior Merchandiser (Handbags/Wallets) – Cape Town New!
Location: capetown Level: Senior Salary: Negotiable Posted: November 23, 2020 Ref: #5163
A new opportunity is available for an Imports (Fashion/Accessories) Merchandiser with definite experience in wallets and handbags. It needs to be someone with specific wallets/handbags experience and who has dealt with the offshore suppliers monitoring the critical path, as well as developing product and building customer base.
- Building a supply base: sourcing and onboarding of new factories
- Ensuring that factories understand and comply with customer’s technical standards
- Understanding the customer/brand handwriting as well as have a commercial eye
- Being able to adapt high fashion/expensive concepts to fall within the customer’s target price range
- Continual trend research and identifying relevant fashion product that can be customized to fit into the customer handwriting
- Leading the sample development process and putting ranges together in time to meet customer buying deadlines
- Ability to create ranges relevant to the handwriting of all brands within the customer group as well as across all genders (Men’s, Ladies and Kids)
- Managing the critical path at a style level: from customer brief through to delivery and ensuring that deadlines are met
- Quality control of all samples coming in and going out. This will apply to developments, QA, fit and bulk production samples.
- Guaranteeing that the quality of the samples complies with customer standards
- Ensuring clear and concise fit comments are communicated to the factories
- Ensuring any testing and compliance requirements are fulfilled
- Manage workload in an organised and timely manner
- Handle quality queries with factories and customers
Qualifications: Degree in Fashion
Experience: 5 years’ buying/sourcing experience in either handbags or wallets
Additional: • Technical product knowledge specific to either handbags or wallets • Ability to build and present a full style offering during customer range showings • Computer literacy and proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel • Excellent communication, management and organisational skills Position located in Cape Town. Send your CV to Gabi Traut at email@example.com or call her on 083 274 5193. Go to our website www.trautpersonnel.co.za